Optomap Retinal Exam
The optomap® retinal image gives eye-care professionals a much larger view (200 degrees) of the back of the eye – your retina – than conventional eye exam equipment. The images can be taken without dilating your pupils – a very common procedure which is uncomfortable and inconvenient for many people.
The optomap® image is captured in less than a second and is immediately available for doctor and patient to review. The optomap® Retinal Exam offers many clinical, practice and patient benefits.
The optomap® image is displayed immediately after being taken, allowing the eye care professional to review it quickly and if necessary, refer you to a retinal specialist. Using the internet, the image can be sent anywhere in the world for a specialist to review.
Each optomap® image is as individual as fingerprints or DNA and can provide eye care professionals with a unique view of your health very quickly and comfortably. The optomap® image is captured in less than one second and is immediately available for you and your doctor to review.
The optomap® retinal image offers many advantages including:
- An ultra-widefield view of the retina
- Comfortable and quick image capture
- Helps you understand your eye health
- Provides permanent records for future comparison
- The optomap® technology does not require pupil dilation, however the decision to dilate or not is a medical decision to be made by your health care professional
- Patient can resume normal activities immediately